about me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom. I live a crazy busy life but love to spend every free minute with my beautiful daughter. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafting and found a new love for blogging!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

BIG girl room

I've been working on Cooper's BIG girl room for longer than I am willing to admit now. It is so close to being finished but just lacks the detail to pull everything together. Here is a little preview...hopefully I can reveal the completed project soon!

It all started with the bed. This was my inspiration...


 And this is what I found! After weeks and weeks of searching on Craig's List, I finally found this bed! We had it painted green and it turned out better than I was expecting.


This is Cooper's bedding and I love, love, love it! Thanks Michelle S. for helping find it.


My first post tax season project was repainting this dresser. It was one of the very first pieces of furniture my grandparent's, Nanny & Papaw, bought when they got married. I think that it is so neat that they kept it and that now Cooper gets to use it in her room. There is also a matching vanity that Wes is working on restoring. I am hoping to get it painted and into the room too!


Here are the fabulous curtains. I bought white panels at Target and then had our neighbor, Angel, sew the rosettes on the bottom. They also turned out way better than I was imagining! Notice that it coordinates with the ruffles on the bedding!


Our latest project was the crown molding. Wes put it up all on his own (I was so proud of him and very pleased with how it turned out) and it adds so much to the room.


All I need to do now is decide on artwork, paint the night stand & vanity and find a light fixture and the room will be complete!

2 comments:

  1. You're so good at decorating! Wish you were close so you could do my nursery:) Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I am so in love with all of Cooper's new room accessories. Quit teasing and post some pics of the finished product :) or can I come see it in real life?

    ReplyDelete