about me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom. I live a crazy busy life but love to spend every free minute with my beautiful daughter. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafting and found a new love for blogging!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Unity Grove Camp Meeting

Another marathon blogging session tonight...it's been a while. Today was Cooper's third birthday party, so I am finally downloading all the photos from our camera and updating the blog for the last 3 months!

In July we went to visit Nanny & Papa at campground. Unity Grove Camp Meeting is held in Palmetto, Alabama and is one of the oldest camp meetings in the state. The campground tradition and church services date all the way back to 1847. There are 3 church services a day that are held in an open air tabernacle type building.


As a child, I went to campground with Nanny & Papa every year starting at 5 years old. I have so many memories of my time there...homemade ice cream night, ghost stories in the graveyard at night, bath houses, and best of all being spoiled by my grandparents. Nanny & Papa own one of the 14 tents that circle the tabernacle.


You can't really see details in this picture, but Nanny & Papa have the best decorated tent on the grounds. There are curtains in the "windows", rugs on the wooden bedroom floors, pictures hanging in the bedrooms, live plants and the "Smith" sign that identifies their home for the week. I am so glad Cooper has had the chance to experience campground and hope there are several more years ahead for Nanny & Papa to be able to go. They both love it and now love the chance to show off their great grandchildren.


It was SO HOT this year. Of course, there is no air conditioning and it was almost 100 degrees. We wet Cooper's hair to cool her off!


No comments:

Post a Comment