about me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom. I live a crazy busy life but love to spend every free minute with my beautiful daughter. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafting and found a new love for blogging!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tacky Christmas compliments of our moms...

The SRHW Christmas party was the first weekend in December this year at Ted's Garage. And, the theme was TaCkY ChRiStMaS!! I was pretty pumped because it was going to be a change from the more formal, cocktail type parties of the last few years. I started thinking about what to wear over Thanksgiving and happened to mention to my mother in law that I was in need of some tacky Christmas clothes. She disappeared for a few minutes and then came back with a ton of options. Luckily, she kept most of her Christmas attire from the early 90s! I didn't want to pressure Wes to dress up, so I left it up to him to decide what to wear. On Thursday night, he still hadn't decided. My brother was going to a tacky Christmas party that night and he wore one of Mom's old sweatshirts, so Wes decided he would wear the Santa sweatshirt too. Mom had lots of extremely tacky/90s elementary school teacher jewelry for me that went great with the poinsettia sweater. I wore silver/gold angel earrings, a moon shaped Santa necklace, a snowman watch and 3 beautifully tacky broaches.  Ta da...here is a picture of the tacky couple.


Plus one extremely cute kid!
We definitely weren't going for the big prize of the tackiest couple, but I believe we fit the theme! It was fun to see all the preppy, uptight accountants let loose and have fun! The food was catered from The Fish Market and it was delicious! Here are a few pictures from the party.

Ashleigh, Mindy & Me
Jennifer, Korey, Ryan, Me, Mandy & Wes
Winners of the tackiest couple...Jill & Paul!
Overall, tacky Christmas was so much fun! Good idea Kristen!! Wonder what we'll do next year??

No comments:

Post a Comment