about me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom. I live a crazy busy life but love to spend every free minute with my beautiful daughter. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafting and found a new love for blogging!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas with the Striplings

Since Wes & I married, 5 years ago, our Christmas routine has been to spend Christmas Eve with his family and then Christmas day with mine. It really worked out well how we were able to blend both our family traditions into one! This year Brian, Barbara, Evan & Meredith stayed in Dothan, so it was just us, Jack & Diane. Since it was just the 5 of us, we invited Jack & Diane up to our house for dinner.


Cooper was just waking up from her nap when they got to our house, but when she saw all the presents, so couldn't wait to open them...literally! I was in the kitchen finishing dinner and Wes was outside with the fryer and Nanna & Papa Jack could not keep her from opening presents. So, before we ate dinner, we opened our gifts!


Notice Cooper is not in her Christmas outfit, but she wanted to pick out her clothes that day and this is what she picked! I decided this was not a battle worth fighting! Anyway, she is cute in whatever she wears!! Nanna & Papa Jack were way to generous as they usually are! Cooper got blocks, pjs, cute pink outfit with her monogram, beautiful pearl necklace, sock monkey, baby doll and movies for the portable DVD player that Wes got! I think that Cooper opened every present that night! I got some great makeup that Cooper & I had fun with!




Our dinner was thrown together relatively quickly, but it was still good! Wes fried a whole chicken in the fryer he got for his birthday. Personally, I like the fried chicken better than the fried turkey. I got to use my Christmas china for the first time and I was super pumped about it!


We had a Santa birthday cake for dessert and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. Cooper got to blow the candles out and she got a kick out of singing! I liked the idea of making a birthday cake for Jesus and thought it was a fun tradition that I wanted to start for our family. I think it is a great way to remind us the Reason for the Season!


After dinner we all went outside to spread our reindeer food! Cooper & Papa Jack had fun throwing out the reindeer food.


It was getting late so Nanna & Papa Jack needed to get back to Tuscaloosa. Cooper put on her Christmas pjs and then set out some milk & cookies for Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment