about me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom. I live a crazy busy life but love to spend every free minute with my beautiful daughter. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafting and found a new love for blogging!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Farm Fun and the Strawberry...

This weekend was a blast! Friday we ate dinner at The Depot and laid low. I spent most of the night reading blogs...mostly decorating & crafting. Tonight I actually made a flower headband that I found a tutorial for on Jones Design Company. It was super easy and super fun! I want to post a picture, but I had already downloaded weekend pics from the camera and was too lazy to do it again! Maybe next week.

Oh, I forgot! I wanted to start this week's post with Cooper's Halloween party at school. She started a new school at the beginning of the month and we are loving it! Her teachers, Ms. Kathy & Ms. Angela tell me everyday how great she is doing and what a good job she did adjusting. They said she is so well behaved (what, really?) and that she fit right in with all the other kids in the class! I am so thankful that the transition went so well. She is bringing home art every week and learning a new letter every week. They feed the kids breakfast  & lunch (which is much easier on Mom & Dad). I am amazed at what she eats everyday. She is eating fruits & vegetables that she would never eat at home! She is also starting potty training. She sits on the potty at every diaper change. Sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesn't. I try to remember to ask her at home, but she doesn't seem to be too interested in the potty at home. I'm not going to push it yet, because I know she won't do it until she decides she is ready. Daddy was late with the camera (and I wasn't mad at all!), but here are a few pictures from the party.




Cooper wore her jack-o-lantern dress to school on Friday. Here is a picture I snapped before we left on Friday morning.


Saturday morning we got up and went to the Oak Mountain farm/petting zoo. It was a great activity for a fall Saturday. Cooper loved seeing the animals and wanted to pet all of them! I think she kinda scared some away because she would get so excited. It somewhat smelled and there was poop all over the ground, but it was fun!!





Saturday afternoon Bebe & Papa John came up to go trick or treating with us! Cooper put on her costume and was excited about going outside and walking down the street. When she figured out we got to stop at every house on the street and get candy she was thrilled!  She wanted to knock on the door until the people answered and eat every piece of candy right away. We convinced her to put the candy in her bucket as we went along. Her favorite were the lollipops, but I think she would have eaten every piece if I let her. We had so much fun around the neighborhood.


Nosey...wonder where she gets that from?!




This is our neighbor, Kate. Cooper & Kate play outside together in the afternoons. Cooper loves seeing her!

After the blue sucker.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! Her strawberry was so cute :) Wish we could've seen it in person!

    ReplyDelete