about me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom. I live a crazy busy life but love to spend every free minute with my beautiful daughter. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafting and found a new love for blogging!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Day & Beyond

Santa was so good to us this year! Here is a picture of what we woke up to Christmas morning...


Cooper was super excited about her yellow mini cooper! Santa purposely put all her other presents into the seat of her car so that she had to open those first.

 

During the month of December, we asked Cooper several times what she wanted Santa to bring her. She would look around and request the first thing she saw..."I want a magazine or I want a pencil". She knew who Santa was and I think she understood that he was going to bring presents to her house, but I don't think she quite understood that she could make a list of specific requests.


A new Christmas tradition that we started this year was the Elf on the Shelf. Cooper named our new friend Barney! He came to stay with us at the beginning of December and brought us lots of entertainment. Cooper woke up every morning excited to find Barney and to see what he had gotten in to. I don't think Cooper really understood that Barney reported back to Santa each night because we threatened he with it a couple time and she didn't seem to be too concerned!



After spending Christmas morning together, we drove down to Tuscaloosa for the weekend. Lunch at Nanny's has been a Christmas tradition since I was little. Now the kitchen table is filled with another generation of girls!


We tried to get a picture of Nanny and the great grandchildren but Cooper decided to throw a big temper tantrum right about the same time. After lunch we went over to the Stripling's to spend some time with Wes's family.




We had a nice, relaxing Christmas break and got to spend lots of time with our family and friends! I am so thankful for the time we were able to be together.


Courtney & Cameron had us over to the Tidmore farm for dinner after Christmas. We used to get together all the time but it is a rare treat these days! Of course, both the adults and kids had a great time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment